How did we get here?

I feel like I'm taking slow steps but my life is flying by me

I'm in slow motion but everything else is moving at full speed

I won't let this summer go

I'm grasping it desperately

I'm living in the moments

Laughing with you

Eating Chick-fil-a late on Wednusday night

Cherishing every second with you

I known you have to leave

But I won't think about you leaving soon, so soon

I'll be strong

I'll let you  learn to be yourself

and I'll learn to be me

When I fill your shoes, but  not completely

I'll adore every second you give me

And understand when you can't

You're ready to glide and I'm ready to start flying

We're not little kids anymore

You're an adult and I will be soon

You're a rising college Freshmen, and I'm a rising highschool sophomore

How did we get here?

Yesterday you were crying about me destroying your train tracks and Mom was spanking me

Today you're telling me to sing louder and I'm telling you to keep writing music

Late at night in the garage

You play a musical masterpiece and claim it as your own

I clap my hands in delight

Your ready to take on the world
and
 I'm ready learn how to take on the world



1 comment

© This Stage of Life. Design by Fearne.