The Sophisticated Eye and Lip


Eye makeup is a huge part of your look, and eye shadow will either be your best friend or your nemesis.  I struggle with how to do my eyes for every day events, but night time is no problem.   At night I always do grey eye shadow, eyeliner and of course red lipstick <3 <3 <3. 


 During the day, it's not so easy...  You want the sophisticated look, but you don't want to look silly with dark eye shadow. Not long ago, I finally figured it out.  If I do my eye shadow like I would for an evening event, but then lightly cover it with a light brown or gold, I get the depth of evening makeup, for daytime.  As far as lipstick goes, a dark pink is a nice pop of colour.  
                                                   



 These are great go-tos, when you have no idea what to do with your face.  But ,my most important rule of makeup is, DON'T MAKE RULES ABOUT MAKE UP.  What I mean is don't have certain ways you always have to do your makeup.   Do whatever you feel like doing.  Use it to express yourself.

Pretty/Sporty
Pop of color
Evil
Wild
Trendy/wild/Angry


There are so very many ways to express yourself with makeup.  My mood literally affects how my face is going to look.

                                       

4 comments

  1. Sammmmmm. I am using your eye color for a character. I have this EXTREME weakness for blue eyes. Like its bad
    (Why almost all my charcters have some variation of blue)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these tips! Also seriously love your blog:)

    ReplyDelete

© This Stage of Life. Design by Fearne.