The Only Solid Rock

It's been a bizarre couple of weeks for everyone.

Emotions and fears have been flying everywhere.

First there was Harvey, then Irma, then Maria, then the earthquake, and then the shooting in Las Vegas.

It's also been weird personally.  I've been stressed and buried in homework and dropping grades and the President and Founder of my drama group passed away suddenly from a major heart attack.

Monday,I was at SAT prep and everything was normal and I get in the car and my mom explains the shooting in Vegas.

That night and I got a call from my abf (acting best friend.)  She sounded serious as she told me there was something she had to tell me.  She braced me saying, "this is upsetting," and I sat  down as she told me that the founder and president of our production company, Travis, was in Heaven.  I was breath taken from shock and we sat in silence on the phone.

Thursday was my sweet sixteen and my family was truly wonderful!  That night I went to rehearsal to sing in the choir at the funeral.

Saturday morning I was sitting in the choir loft at the funeral and listening intently.  Travis was a man who left a legacy and I had to ask myself, "What kind of legacy am I making?"

This world is crazy and no when knows when they will leave it.  We have to honor God while we are here.

This morning my church's worship leader put an emphases on the solid rock we have in Jesus.  Nothing else is firm.  Nothing here is trustworthy.

Jesus is the only true safety.  Jesus is the only way to find peace in this world.  When events like these take place, all I can do is run to Jesus.  He will hold me.  He will be glorified.  The fact that the world is crazy does not change the fact that God is God.

"When darkness veils His lovely face, I rest on His unchanging grace.  In every high and stormy gale, my Anchor holds within the veil."


3 comments

  1. this is so hard. praying for you. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you have been going through a lot! The world adding to your personal struggles to. I hope things will brighten up sooner! Keep moving forward <3

    ReplyDelete

© This Stage of Life. Design by Fearne.