Back on the dance floor

I haven't blogged since Sunday, I'm sorry life is insanely busy.
My dance classes started again today and it felt so good to stretch and sashay and ugh it was just so good to dance again.
My dance life started in the summer of 2015 when  I participated in an actors workshop, the workshop included ballet and that's when I realized I could dance.  Latter in 2015 I was cast in a large Christmas  production and I understudied a difficult ballet dance, and danced with a partner, Victorian Style.  After that I told my mom that I thought I really needed dance classes if I wanted to be an actress.  Because of my passion for acting, I enrolled in a homeschooler's beginner dance class.  I was in a class where most of the girls were seven or eight, but I was determined to stick it out because it was for the benefit of my passion.  The class taught the beginnings of tap and jazz dance.  As the year went on, I found that I loved it, and not just because it was for my resume.
Today Tap II and Jazz II began again.  It felt so good, and I could feel how I had improved since my first class.  I felt confident.

In Tap,  I was able to do a buffalo step across the floor. I felt very confident and my teacher said I was doing very well.

I love to tap dance, it's probably my favorite style of dance.   It's like making music with your feet and body.


In jazz I felt flexible and experienced.  The stretching felt so good.  I had stretched over the summer, but to have someone calling out stretches and telling you how to do them was something I had missed.

I felt pretty good about how I did, and then I was surprised...

My sister(who has been dancing for years)  ran up to me and told me we were going to try modern dance.  I didn't know what  to expect but I went into to the dance class.  It was Modern II and an advanced class.  I didn't get all the steps or the stretches, but I did my best and had a ton of fun.   I'm going to try Modern for a month and then see if that class is a good fit for me.  
  
All that to say, I'm back on the dance floor and I'm exited.


3 comments

  1. Yay!!!! I don't dance and you know that :p I think you witnessed me going nuts once
    And if you visit the library with me you'll see lots of dancing cause of good finds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've witnessed crazy dancing at concerts and up stair ways as well...

      Delete
  2. This is so exciting!!! I love dance, oh my goodness. <3

    ReplyDelete

© This Stage of Life. Design by Fearne.