Define Debut

I always like to say that I debuted when I was an infant, and that is partially true.  When I was two months old I played baby Jesus in my church's Christmas pageant. I've always had a desire to perform.  When I was three I took ballet for a year.

I'm the one in the middle who forgot her ballet shoes
Ballet didn't work out do I moved on to singing.  At five years old I sang at an old-folks home accompanied by my seven year-old brother.



Shortly after, I sang I'm a little teapot and recited a poem at a home school talent show.


At about eight I played the angel at my Church's nativity.
Of course there were several in-home productions I wrote, directed, and performed.
This was a school assignment I was a girl on the Mayflower.

This was a play about a princess who was kidnapped by pirates.
                                              When I was ten I took choir for a year.


.
                                When I was eleven  I officially debuted on stage in a play called Jonah's                                               Druthers, it was a drama camp. At twelve I was again in that drama camp in a                                      play called Happily Forever After.

When people ask me when I started acting I usually say. " I began performing when I was seven with piano.  When I was 11 I started acting".  I should say, "I've been performing my whole life!"So let's be bold and tell people the truth!   When you started doing what you love is when you began whether that's acting, singing , dancing writing or whatever it is you do, you started at the begining.  I debued as baby Jesus now I'm going to play Mary in a very exiting premier play!  From baby Jesus to His mother Marry, I've been a performer the whole way. 



1 comment

© This Stage of Life. Design by Fearne.