Hunchback of Notre Dame!(Slow Burn Theatre Company)

Oh my goodness I saw the most amazing production I think I've ever seen last night and now I simply have to shout to the world about it!  It was the Hunchback of Notre Dame(Hunchback of No-tra Dam not Noter Dame!) It was AMAZING!  The music was perfection!  I mean I liked Disney's version but I loved this version.

My favorite part of the whole play is when Esmeralda is singing "God Help the Outcasts."  I found it amazing that even in a very secular performance the Gospel of Jesus Christ was being shared!!!!  My favorite line is  " I know I'm just an outcast and I shouldn't speak to You, but still I see Your face and wonder were You once an outcast too?"  Jesus Christ was the outcast of outcasts He was murdered for being Himself.  Jesus Christ loves outcasts, what a wonderful message!

 It's performance and delivery were absolutely flawless (well I actually saw two things I would have changed but that's it.)  This piece was unique because there were only like 10 actors in it.  They all narrated, sang and danced.  They all did everything!!!  They were all absolutely talented.

One of the major things I took away from this play was inspiration.  As a teenage actress I have to balance school and drama.  It's a whirlwind!  But it made me realize that if I work hard enough I could be on that stage performing equally well.  I was at drama all day today, I played 2 parts and danced and sang, I was on my toes the whole time.  I was exhausted.  I stumbled into my Dad's truck and fell asleep.  Later I saw this quote, "The dream won't work if you don't."  I've got to keep working, so someday I can perform to that level of greatness.


Madame,Me,and Fredrick
Esmeralda,Choplin,Me, and Phoebus

I saw this production last night and I'm still bedazzled and inspired.  I hope to carry this memory with me forever!

2 comments

  1. I LOVE HUNCHBACK SO MUCH. Oh my goodness. All the hearts. <3<3<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Have you heard the music from the new play? It's SOOOO good!

      Delete

© This Stage of Life. Design by Fearne.